If you’re here from the book System Minus 45: Stage 1, welcome!
As promised in the Program Overview, all the supplementary material referenced in the book is right here for you to read through at your convenience – tagged according to how it is used in the book and indexed by chapter to make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
- Check this out for the business truth behind the ever-so-popular Food Pyramid.
- In the book, we try to explain metabolism in the simplest ways possible. If you want to take a deep-dive into the mechanics of metabolism, here is the source material.
- Himalayan salt contains minerals that our body needs, and yet the Mainstream is glossing over this fact. Find the complete analysis and breakdown here.
- In Chapter 8, we discuss why refined sugar is NOT the best choice – because of the processes it undergoes and substances that are added to it. Here’s the glossary of these procedures, chemicals, and terms.
- Sugar Refinery
- Phosphoric acid
- Calcium hydroxide
- Calcium phosphate
- Bone char
- Activated carbon
- Ion-exchange resin
- White refined sugar
- Mother liquor
- Granulated sugar
In the same discussion, I share how Phosphoric acid – which regular sugar is bathed in – is considered food-safe, and yet has a full Material Safety Data Sheet dedicated to it. Here it is.
- Just to further illustrate how dangerously different from actual sugar the processed version is, check out this video of an sugar refinery explosion.
- If you’re still in need to convincing, check out the government-mandated sugar-watch commission, that polices sugar.
- In the discussion on stress eating, the role of some of the body’s chemical mechanisms is mentioned.
Here is the Wikipedia entry for Catecholamine, one of the hormones connected to stress, that in turn produces the hunger hormone, ghrelin.
And here is an interesting study on ghrelin and hunger. Click Here
CHAPTERS 4 & 7
- Our war on toxins begins in Chapter 4, and this remains a huge theme throughout the rest of the book and our approach to weight loss. Read this for even more insight into the what’s in our food, and why it’s so important to eat organic.
Freebies & Deals:
Remember: 1% at a time! Here’s your free copy of 1% Better Every Day, the complete guide to Kaizen.
One of the main tools you’ll be using on your journey is your Weight Loss Journal. Download the printable here.
Another important tool to be used in conjunction with the Journal is the evaluation checklist, which contains your daily and weekly Reactive and Proactive checks.