From being young and needing dating advice to complex marriage problems that come up later in life to being trapped in a toxic relationship...
This module is a great place to start when… you don’t know where to start.
What do I mean by this? Let me explain.
When people come to a life coach, the first question the therapist usually asks is this: “How can I help you?”
And you know what? The most common answer – which usually doesn’t get spoken, however – is: “If you knew what help I needed, I wouldn’t be here!”
In other words, “If I knew what I needed in order to fix my situation, I would do it myself: I’m not crazy, retarded or disabled, thank you!”
There are exceptions to this, of course, and sometimes we know exactly what help we need and with what, but I submit that this knowledge (and maybe not so much just the knowledge, but the assurance) -- it usually comes later in the process. When we first come to the point of feeling like we need to enlist someone in helping our life’s situation in order to get it on an even keel, we tend to be in a state where we are not very certain about what is going on in the first place, let alone what the specific steps would need to be taken in order to fix it – properly, in our favor.
▶️This module is this introductory module on the subject of RELATIONSHIPS. Here, we will perform the general assessment of what’s going on and create a roadmap to a solution.
This doesn’t mean that I am not going to ask for any specific goals or talk about any specific outcomes that you are seeking. This, in fact, is one of the main differences of my approach: I am a doer, not a talker. This statement may sound a bit cliché at first, but it actually has a deeper meaning for me. You see, a lot of therapies are based on simply giving the client a way to talk things out. I am into making things HAPPEN.
In other words:
What are you seeking to accomplish? Do you want to stop verbal abuse in your relationship? Let's do it. Is he cheating, but you cannot bring yourself to leave him? Let's fix this and make you his queen, the only one. Do you feel insecure and would like to develop confidence when dealing with men? Let's go for it.
You see? Beats the old "Oh well... I sympathize... Being in a situation when you're verbally abused, cheated on or not confident really sucks... Let's me talk to you and make you feel a little bit better about it... Don't worry about it so much, just don't be upset."
DO YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE HERE?
Here is what the coaching process is going to look like:
After you complete the checkout, you will be given a link to the module.(It will also be emailed to you). Click it, and on the intro page there will be two tasks for you:
- Download the app which we will be using for our communication
- Take the initial intake assessment, which will help me to get to know you and your situation a little better – and it will also help you to organize your thoughts about your situation a little better as well. (Many people start getting solution clues and ideas on what to do just by taking this test). In that intake, I will also ask you what result you would like to achieve by taking the module (a specific change in your life, a specific thing that you would like to correct in yourself or your situation, etc.) – this specific result will be our goal for the therapy/coaching.
- There will be a couple introductory videos for you to watch to help you understand things a bit better as well. Again, many clients have reported a few light bulb moments and feeling like they start seeing light at the end of the tunnel from doing just that
- As you watch the videos, check that information against your situation. Some of your questions may get answered by watching the videos, as I mentioned above, but some won’t. Write them down. Also, keep writing down new questions that the videos will trigger.
Then, every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month, a new chat group will open, and I will send you the link for yours. Based on the information that you will give me in your intake, I will assign each person to a group where the participants will have something in common: this will help us create synergy of each of us benefiting from each other’s experiences, and will help me give you the information and guidance that is spot on for your situation.
And then we will start our live coaching session. The best way I can describe the format, is have you think of a Facebook group: you will ask questions and me and my assistant will respond, and I will also share the information needed. If you sign up for the Plus option, there will be weekly virtual (Zoom, Teams or similar) discussions (I emphasize DISCUSSIONS, as opposed to webinars where the participants are often muted throughout the entire duration), and the recording will be available whether you attend or not. For the Basic option, our communication will be simply via chat.
Here is what is included:
- I will record short videos where I will answer your questions or give you guidance
- Many of your questions will be answered directly in the chat
- Your input in terms of sharing your experiences with me and other members and participation in the discussion is strongly encouraged
- I will also share other reading/watching materials which I feel are pertinent to your situation.
- We will do some exercises: journals, situation analysis worksheets and affirmative meditations (self-soothing techniques fall into this category)
- I will be giving you some homework, which we will subsequently go over in the group.
🟢Our goal in this module is to get to the bottom of what is going on in your specific situation and offer you a solution to fix what needs to be fixed.
Some of the issues you will often be able to correct during the two-week therapy session. But of course not every issue can be fixed in two weeks – some are more complex. However, you will walk away with a step-by-step roadmap on what needs to be done – and many people are often able to take it from there on their own.